Consider becoming an RPP supporter. Join us in making a difference!
RPP depends upon philanthropy and needs support for its work to leverage Harvard University’s unparalleled cross-disciplinary expertise and global reach to advance sustainable peace. Please consider supporting RPP's innovative work to prepare leaders to foster understanding and harmony in our religiously diverse and complex world for our own and future generations.
Endowment: Dean David N. Hempton has set the goal of obtaining an endowment to establish a permanent RPP program and faculty chair at Harvard Divinity School. “This will ensure the Divinity School will always have on its faculty a world-class scholar and practitioner to drive these important programs well into the future. We believe that a permanent program...is one of the most critical investments we can make in our future.”
Current-use Funds: RPP is presently in need of current-use funds to sustain its important work. Donors who generously commit to contributing a total of $50,000 to the RPP Initiative over five years will become members of the RPP Roundtable. They will receive recognition in the School’s annual report and updates about RPP's progress, and will also be invited to campus once a year for an RPP program. If you would like to become an RPP supporter through a gift of $50,000 or more, please contact Sheila Dennis, Senior Director, Advancement, at email@example.com or 617.384.8293.
Gifts: Gifts under $50,000 are greatly appreciated may be made in the following ways:
- Check: Make your check payable to “Harvard Divinity School,” and on the memo line of the check, write “Religions and the Practice of Peace.” Mail to: Development and External Relations Office, Harvard Divinity School, 45 Francis Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02138.
- Bank wire or gift of securities: Please contact Lauren Wilson, Associate Director for Campaign and Donor Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617.495.5271.
- For smaller or one-time gifts, go to the Online Giving Page, select "Other" under the "Select a Fund" drop-down screen, and under "Additional Gift Details" type “Religions and the Practice of Peace.”
Watch a video featuring graduate students in one of RPP's programs, the cross-disciplinary RPP Colloquium Course, discussing their experiences in the program and its transformative impact on their growth as peace leaders.
Please spread the word about these philanthropic opportunities to those who may wish to help realize RPP's vision!
“We're here at a moment in history that is calling upon each of us to ask: 'How am I using the abilities and the resources, the rights and the privileges, that I've been given to make the world a more humane and harmonious place?’” — David N. Hempton, Dean of Harvard Divinity School
Read about Dean Hempton's announcement of his goal for an endowed RPP program: “At HDS, Establishing a Place for Peace”
Read about a generous early gift to RPP from the Rev. Karen Vickers Budney, MDiv '91, and Mr. Albert J. Budney, Jr., MBA '74.
We are grateful to our generous donors for their early support of RPP and its programs:
- The Rev. Karen Vickers Budney, MDiv ’91, and Albert J. Budney, Jr., MBA ’74
- The Once Here Foundation
- The Planethood Foundation
- The Whitehead Foundation
- The Provostial Fund for the Arts and Humanities at Harvard University
- The El-Hibri Foundation
- Jewish Women's Fund of Colorado
- Anonymous donors - 3